Monday, July 18, 2011

looking forward to reading about stallholders!!

Copyright Robyn McPherson

One of the reasons for starting this blog was to have a space to talk about the stallholders that make The Olive Tree Market what it is. I sent out a list of questions to the stallholders a few days ago and their answers are starting to trickle in. It's actually rather exciting, as sometimes running a market, actually leaves you being the person who doesn't get to know the clever artisans. My brief glimpses on market day do reveal the lovely relationships that have sprung up between the stallholders. These relationships have grown outside of The Olive Tree Market and real friendships and collaborations have been made. Think Makespace in the Hunter St mall, which is a co-operative of artisans, many of whom met at The Olive Tree Market. But back to the surveys... I'll start to use the stallholders words to introduce them to 'blogland' what do you actually call this process??!! What I mean is I would like to create a dialogue that highlights all the incredibly talented people that belong to Newcastle's handmade community. Before I go, the images in this blog are by a talented lady by the name of Robyn Mcpherson!! She is one of my favourite local illustrators. Check her out at Olive Tree.

Copyright Robyn McPherson

No comments:

Post a Comment